BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to add a 12v power outlet to my 04LT. What I was thinking of doing was putting it where the Computer display is. Is that possible without removing alot of tupperware? is there a better way? I have a Garmin 2620 thathat has the speaker built into the power connector. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have only had my LT for a month have not removed any plastic yet,
Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
298 Posts
Most of us have powered our Garmins from the map light at the dash. The speaker on your power cord will not be loud enough to be used effectively at speed. I use a pair of earbuds from the audio out jack on my Garmin. You can get an additional power cord from Garmin and tap in to your map light.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you mount a jack next to the map light then? That would certainly make it easier
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Baker..
I have pics here of how I ran wiring to the bow of the ship. It started amid ship where I connected a relay system for controlling the power then ran "4 way trailer wiring" to the bow. Now I have a quick disconnect up front for my electrics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts