BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight: Rain...mixing with snow overnight. Low 32F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 90%. A slushy accumulation of less than one inch.
Tomorrow: Snow showers early will give way to a mixture of rain and snow showers in the afternoon. High 39F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 60%. A slushy accumulation of less than one inch.
Tomorrow night: Rain and snow in the evening transitioning to snow showers late. Low 29F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 60%. Snowfall around one inch.
Monday: Snow showers becoming mixed with rain later. High 39F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 60%.
Tuesday: Rain and snow. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 30s.
Wednesday: Rain and snow showers. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the mid 30s.

What are the best snow tires for an LT?

-Scurrie

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sorry No LT rated Snow Tires

There are no snow tires "load rated" for the LT.

Just use CHAINS :histerica

I've been fortunate, very little Parked Motorcycle Syndrome (Maybe we can get it recognized as a disease :think: ) this winter.

It'll pass, but, don't forget you'll need to "blow the carbon out" of the engine when the weather clears ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Scurrie: Greetings. I'll trade you weather. 10 more inches of the white stuff overnight. About 36 inches deep here. More snowplowing and LT polishing today!

God, please make it melt soon.

Big AL

·
Registered
809 Posts
We don't get much snow and ice here in Waco, but I'm prepared to mount a set of these on the LT . . . should the opportunity present.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Snow and Ice.

Snow is what we put in a little white cone with some flavoring, ( cherry is nice) I agree it is difficult to drive with a snow cone in hand. :D

Ice... I still don't understand why you all keep it outside where you can't ride instead of in the freezer where it belongs. :rolleyes:

PMS here stands for Pure Midday Sun. :histerica

Sorry guys...you only harass those you love. :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Scurrie,
I feel your pain as I sit not too far north of you watching the snow turn to slush as I write. And there's not even any motorsicycle road racing to watch on the speed channel! There must be a bug or two left on the bike from last year's riding that needs to be removed to make room for the 2008 hatchlings. Ho-hummm. Let's hope for an early spring.
Terry

·
Registered
2015 K1600GTL Exclusive
167 Posts
Let It Snow

Lots of snow up here in the Great White North and cold. I put my baby away for the winter and downhill ski til the white stuff disappears. :dance:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts