BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000's owners manual shows two switches for the heated seats. One for the driver with on/off/and hurry up and one for the passenger just to the rear of the drivers switch.

It seems my rear end is either hot hot or super hot. My girlfriend says hers is hot when I go to the super hot. There is no other switch besides the one under the drivers seat.

Did some of the older bikes come without heating in the passenger seat and she just thinks her rear end is hot? I think it's pretty hot but not sure about the seat. Also, I think my switch may have a short as the heat seems like it is always on.

Also, this is a great forum. I loved the threads about smoking bikes at start up. Thought I'd bought a lemon. Also, the advice on the centerstands was great. I can make it pop a reverse wheelie now :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I forgot to mention I'm blind and couldn't find my readers last night. :eek:

Still a great forum :)

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,545 Posts
The pillion seat switch is at the front of the back seat underneath. The rockers have three positions with the "center" as the OFF.With the front seat raised on the sifter side of the bike under the rear seat you will see a four pin white connector next to a wire "loop". That is where the rear seat plugs in. The fourth wire is for the back rest which is also heated.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
What?! You read owner's manuals!!!?

Next thing you'll tell us is that you ask for directions if you get lost!.

If you haven't picked you a mirror on a stick, so that you don't have to lay on the ground and look up, consider getting one.

At least with the driver's seat it is easy to flip it up and look at it.
Course, the passenger seat just has two allen heads holding it in place.

Best from gorham ME

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts