BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I continue my search, I may end up buying a LT without driving one if I find exactly what I want this winter. I think I should get an "05 to get the max horsepower as I expect I will eventually get a trailer. Would anyone disagree with that?

Secondly, is the factory intercom any good or should I expect to get a Baehr system?

I do expect to add a J&M cb at some point, does their intercom work well?

Thanks for your help!

Future LT owner

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
glwingrider said:
As I continue my search, I may end up buying a LT without driving one if I find exactly what I want this winter. I think I should get an "05 to get the max horsepower as I expect I will eventually get a trailer. Would anyone disagree with that?

Secondly, is the factory intercom any good or should I expect to get a Baehr system?

I do expect to add a J&M cb at some point, does their intercom work well?

Thanks for your help!

Future LT owner
A few answers for you from me:

I have a 99 LT and pull a trailer no problem 2up. I believe I overload the trailer like everyone else.

I have the J&M CB/Intercom/Weather radio. I think it's great, only problem I have is with the helmet wire connections, contacted J&M, sent them the cable, they fixed it no charge.

Garry

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You can get the J&M with CB, intercom & interface for phone, GPS, XM, radar & it's all in the handle bar mounted unit, nothing else to install anywhere else. That's what I have on the 2005 I just posted in the classified section. It's also what I will install on my next bike.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Unlike the GW dealers around here, the BMW dealer insisted we take an LT for a test ride.

Bob

·
Registered
112 Posts
05 Lt

Hi Joe, I purchased an 05 LT in January of 2006 off Ebay and have put 30,000 miles on so far. I was riding a 1984 Aspencade at the time with 92000 on it nice bike. Anyway I went to Las Vegas on vacation and rented the 1800, the LT and a Ultra Glide I fell in love with the LT and we are still on our honeymoon after two years. The LT does not have the low end torque of the 1800 but rides more like a sport bike. I pull a Time Out Camper trailer two up and have no problems even in the moutains it has alot of power. I see you are in the cold country like me, I am in Northern Michigan and I have PMS bad right now. I have the J&M CB / Intercom and run my GPS and MP/3 player through it, it works fine. If you go this way you will have to by another antenna and CB extension cable to hook it up. It helps if you can do your own maintenance it saves moocho$$$$$ the only thing I don't do is mount the tires I buy off the net. My only advice would be change fluids regularly, final drive oil is cheap and easy to change. I use Amsoil for everything. Farkals I have added, CB/Intercom, GPS, MP3, Custom seat, Trip pegs, Tank bag, Trailer hitch, Timeout Camper, Driving lights, HID low beam, Tall windshield, 30,000 miles of Smiles. It's time to snowblow the driveway AGAIN.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays

Rodger

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Intercom system.

The intercom will work fine. You will have to get the plugs that work with BMW. Your GW plugs will not work. The headset will work, just the plug from the bike to the helmet is different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts