BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out for a ride the other afternoon and on my way back home I was doing 70 KPH in 5th and it felt like the bike was slowing and the engine drooped in revs like I had come off the throttle but I hadn't. Thinking it was about to shot down I kicked it back to 4th and it just picked up again and never played up after that. I know it wasn't clutch slippage because the revs went down not up. Anticipating that it could be the beginnings of a fuel pump issue I have just ordered a new pump kit from Beemer Boneyard. I also ordered a new air filter, I figure as I will be removing the tank I may as well do that at the same time.

Any thought as to other probable cause you may have I would love to hear.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
replace all internal hoses and the filter while you are in there

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
In my mind, I agree that this would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The kit I bought has everything you need. Pump, filter, hoses, tank seal, and new pick up strainer. I'll also be replacing the air filter while I'm there.

I would also like to take care of my leaky crank case vent tube while I'm at it.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
The kit I bought has everything you need. Pump, filter, hoses, tank seal, and new pick up strainer. I'll also be replacing the air filter while I'm there.

I would also like to take care of my leaky crank case vent tube while I'm at it.
The vent tube is a little more involved but a worthwhile effort.

Reactions: kbob12
1 - 5 of 5 Posts