BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen photos and descriptions of the 30mm socket, but no actual shop print. I'm having someone make me one over the weekend.

For those of you who have working sockets, how does the attached drawing look? The short leg of my 12mm hex key is about 2.18" long, measured from the opposite face of the long leg. I'm hoping that the window in the socket is long enough so I don't have to make the short leg shorter.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Make sure the socket will turn well over 60 degrees around a stationary hex key. Otherwise you will not be able to reposition it if it gets close to the key. Your sketch looks as if the window is not wide enough.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dshealey said:
Make sure the socket will turn well over 60 degrees around a stationary hex key. Otherwise you will not be able to reposition it if it gets close to the key. Your sketch looks as if the window is not wide enough.
Hmmm...I was thinking with a 12-pt socket, I needed just a tad over 30 degrees. Maybe I'm not thinking long enough ;)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Schweintechnik said:
Hmmm...I was thinking with a 12-pt socket, I needed just a tad over 30 degrees. Maybe I'm not thinking long enough ;)
Did this socket work for you Dave?

I'm getting ready to make mine.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
ironbuttwannabe said:
Did this socket work for you Dave?

I'm getting ready to make mine.
Not Dave, but I know for a fact it worked.

Have not seen or heard from him in awhile.

Last I heard his bike was up and running.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
why

what is the modified socket needed for?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts