BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought one of the chinese wireless phone chargers that fits into the 1200RT GPS mount. I have an iPhone 12 max with a large industrial case. 2015 R1200RT.

I machined this adapter that attaches to the base with the same 4 screws that attach the stock phone plate. Fits great! Phone charges wirelessly just fine. Pretty easy to drop the phone in and secure the spring clamp. I used some white delrin I had laying around the shop. Both of the left finger clamps should have been a little higher up but otherwise well worth it.
Gadget Electronic engineering Electronic device Machine Multimedia
Trip computer Speedometer Gauge Tachometer Steering wheel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More like a prisoner to it! If anyone wants to make these, I can post a corrected IGES file. You'll need a keyway cutter to do the undercuts. Also, there's a part flip to cut the alignment groove on the back side (unless you have a 4 or 5 axis machine). Otherwise very simple part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a corrected IGES file with the profile of the backside registration groove. Unfortunately, this site doesn't appear to allow uploading of these types of files. Any CAD package will open it and you can get the dims if using a manual machine or you can make a model for 3d printing or a cnc mill. If anyone wants it PM, me and Ill send it along.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts