BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have another question:

What are the differences (if any) between the 05, 06, 07 and 08 model years.

It looks like they all came with all the same standard features.

thanks,

Tony

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,245 Posts
Tony good question. I have not kept up with the changes since 04'.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am mainly looking for differences between '06 and '08. I found an '06 in my area with 11k miles on it that would be about $5k cheaper than an '08 and is still has time on the factory waranttee.

Tony

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,245 Posts
Contact your local dealer, if there is one, and ask what if any changes there were between the years.
Good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is there a model year changes listing? I am looking at a 1999 Canadian model.

·
Registered
712 Posts
The '06 is a good choice. :) And the remaining factory warrenty even better because it will let you buy an extended warrenty plus cover any current problems. On my '06, after I bought it and withint about 2~3 months I had the radio repalced, the rear brake rotor replaced, and the reverse gear switch reconencted and saved about 3~4K in out of pocket repair costs.

Not only that, but the 5K I saved allowed me to buy a used RT for my daily ride and use the LT just for two-up riding.

·
Registered
220 Posts
living_free said:
Have another question:

What are the differences (if any) between the 05, 06, 07 and 08 model years.

It looks like they all came with all the same standard features.

thanks,

Tony
I believe the motor was tweaked a little, resulting in a"highly modified engine".
Compression ratio also increased.
Not sure what original HP was rated @. My 2009 states 118 HP.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was in the same boat you are in...deciding between the 06 and the 08. After much debate (and listening to those much smarter than I on this board!) I bought the 06. I was able to get extend the full warranty which made me feel better overall. Plus, I am using the thousands of dollars in savings to buy farkles for it ;) Go for the 06!
Ken

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
05' and on are all the same mechanicaly, same hp and torque. Only diff is the options and colors. When the 05' came out BMW claimed about 30 some changes to the bike from the previous year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts