BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a thread on the differences between the us spec bikes, but how about the uk bikes?
LT, LT SE and LT LUX? (early bikes)
Any help much appreciated.

Simon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Simon
Are you looking for details of different model year UK bikes or difference between UK and USA bikes?
I have quite a bit of detail about UK models.
Main differences for US market seem to relate to additional equipment especially to pre 2005 models, e,g. different windscreens, and of course UK bikes all have the off/side/headlight switch on all models up to 2005.
Prices in the UK are also higher than US, although many more LT's sold in US as they are more suited to their road systems.
Happy riding - (when we get some better weather in the UK)
Waz

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an '07 LT-SE. The LT-SE comes with heated seats and heated passenger backrest,heated grips and chrome rack c/w high - level brake light. Thats about it.

The basic LT is exactly that.Basic,with none off the above,unless you pay extra,in which case,it would then become the LT-SE!

The Lux is the same as the SE, plus passenger footboards, and more chrome than you could shake a stick at! Oh,and you'll need deeper pockets!

I think that,for '08,only the Lux is available,as it's supposed to be the last year for the LT in its current form.

I was going to sell mine,but I've decided to keep it,at least until I finish building my GS based Enduro sidecar outfit.And that is gonna take more time and quite a bit more money than I originally planned!!

Ted

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm looking for the differences between the UK only models (99 model) ie does the se model come with a cd changer?
Thanks
Simon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts