BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought to save space and catch up with today's technology. :stir: Let me caveat by saying I ride a '99 LT and just went over 65K....haven't explored the 09/10 models, so this may not be relevant anymore.

As songs and complete CDs can now be moved from disk to your select MP3 player (iPod/Phone, Zune, etc.) and you can create your very own custom playlists, I am thinking the CD player is almost outdated on the LT.....at least for me. I find songs skipping, or a delay in playing whenever I hit a bump in the road....it isn't long until I switch back to FM or my mp3 player plugged into a jack through the cassette player. I've witnessed many Sirius/Satellite radio systems on bikes today too.....farkle....or just cool guy gadgets....we all seem to "need" one!

Here's a thought for any BMW engineer creating the new LTs :dance: .....dump the CD player to make more room for "stuff" and create a seat/cradle/jack for mp3 players.

Besides using the cassette tape cord to mp3 jack, has anyone figured out how to directly connect an mp3 player to the audio system? :thumb: What about a cradle for your mp3? Is there something that can bolt into the rearview mirror holes on the handlebars behind the hydraulic levers?

Thanks.....and Merry Christmas!! :bmw:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy dookie!!! :wow: I really need to venture beyond the 1200 Forum I guess....what a goldmine of information and ideas. I'll continue to read and figure out what I want to do next! Thanks for the pointer!
Later,
BlauBeeMr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts