BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MOC of Charlotte has cancelled the April event (18-21) due to too many complaints about Easter that weekend. Our STC group has run into that before as well. It was one of the drivers to merge with the K1600 group. But here is a chance to reclaim the STC weekend.

What does this mean? It means anyone wanting to run up to Ironhorse for that weekend have a very good chance there will be rooms available.

Jean and I had already booked a room from the 17th through the 21st so we will be up there enjoying the place. Hope we don't have it all to ourselves. Any one else want to come up? I'll keep you posted on room availability tomorrow after I talk to Pam at Ironhorse.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just spoke to Charity at Ironhorse and they have very good availability right now for the weekend of Easter. Give them a call at 828-479-3864 and book a room before the Harleys fill it it up. Not that there is anything wrong with Harleys.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Hi, John, I will be at the IronHorse celebrating STC weekend! It sure would be great if we could take our weekend back. Even if MOC still works it, people sign up on Eventbrite. That link can be forwarded to all of our people. We'd have our weekend back and someone else could do the organizing. Nothing would be better than that!! See you on Thursday!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You want to meet at Pisgah Inn on Thursday for lunch or are you coming in later on in the day?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
That sounds excellent, John. What time is good for you? Do you think there'll be much of a lunch crowd? Weather on my phone shows clouds for Thursday.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There will not be a big crowd as the only other people I know that are coming are our local friends Patty and Glenn (Slingshot driver). We plan to be up there 11 ish.

Yes clouds on Thursday and T-storms on Friday.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Sounds good! See you in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts