BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been considering a change to KRS mirrors on my LT. If I do ? I would like to remove the OEM's . Anyone come up with a crafty way to cover where they were?

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hmmmmm. Why not hang one of those small Gargoyles on each side of the bike where the mirrors were? The effect as you're tooling down the road should be stunning.

Grrrr!

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Just leave them on, use them to cover other areas.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
sounds like you want to cut off your nose to spite your face, or perhaps your ears in this case. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bikerj said:
sounds like you want to cut off your nose to spite your face, or perhaps your ears in this case. :D
No, not really. Just thought what 'options' might be out there. After looking at it again, I popped them both off., and it looks weird . So I'll leave them I suppose and maybe add "KRS" mirrors. Just thought I'd ask opinions.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Those mirrors (ears) are an important part of the fairing.......Keeps the wind blast off your hands.
The LT looks cool with bar mirrors & the fairing mirrors anyway. There's a few guys in the community that have done that.
Or you could paint them Black.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ron02LT said:
No, not really. Just thought what 'options' might be out there. After looking at it again, I popped them both off., and it looks weird . So I'll leave them I suppose and maybe add "KRS" mirrors. Just thought I'd ask opinions.
Let me try and help.
Just did my last month. I was like you, knew of the handlebar mirrors but never actually seen them on the streets. Seek advice here and got a few pictures from Chris and quickly decided. Take a peep. Looks OK to me. Now when the weather breaks I will set them for effectiveness. Wish I could wave a magic wand and make the snow disappear and a jump in temps to say 70 :rotf:
ride safe :bmw:

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
billsmith said:
Let me try and help.
Just did my last month. I was like you, knew of the handlebar mirrors but never actually seen them on the streets. Seek advice here and got a few pictures from Chris and quickly decided. Take a peep. Looks OK to me. Now when the weather breaks I will set them for effectiveness. Wish I could wave a magic wand and make the snow disappear and a jump in temps to say 70 :rotf:

Thanks for the pics !..I think that IS the way I'm going to go. I'll look around & see if I can find a bargain on a pair? But if need be just go new. I have those mirrors on my Roadster and like them...much improved over the mouse-ears..[round]... :cool:

BTW..if you figure out how to do that 70 degree thing,...please share :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think our classifieds had a pair posted just after I bought mine. You might check to see if still available.
It was earlier this month. Wish I had seen them before my purchase.
Hey I am messing up the more I play with this magic thing the more snow keeps coming down. Now I have no experience reversing it, maybe a different wand???????????? :histerica :histerica

·
Registered
513 Posts
reach down and on the left side is your 'reverse' function. i hope it works for you! i was riding Sunday-it was about 63 by 4 pm down hea'

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
mycamel said:
reach down and on the left side is your 'reverse' function. i hope it works for you! i was riding Sunday-it was about 63 by 4 pm down hea'
We were talking mirrors.
Then I dove off on the weather scene to get my point for an actual test of my new addition which led me to magic which took me to messing up the weather which I then realized I could not REVERSE which brings me to currently thanking you for pointing out to me where to find that 'R' switch which has been located inside my left leg since I purchased my LT and on and on and on . . . . least I forget I was trying to show off my new handlebar mirrors. Hey that's my story and I am sticking to it :rotf:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah
I just wanted to keep you focused. :)

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I added those mirrors also, got them off Ebay for about $100.00, they are in almost new condition. Got them in December so I have not tested them on the road yet.

I have never liked the position of the stock mirrors, I have to look down to use them. :( I kinda like looking ahead of me while driving. ;)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Geoff said:
Four mirrors on an LT. Brilliant! :v:
And what's wrong with that :confused:
Lots of vehicles have multiple mirrors. Even those that add blind spot mirrors on the original. Some newer light trucks and vans have a combination of mirrors for close up and wide angle though in a single setup.
The main thing is that it serves its purpose . . . enhance vision and safety. That's why I added mine. BMW must have thought the same thing for putting the holes there in the first place. If the bike came with handlebar mirrors already installed which two would you remove to sell to me :rotf:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
billsmith said:
Lots of vehicles have multiple mirrors. Even those that add blind spot mirrors on the original. Some newer light trucks and vans have a combination of mirrors for close up and wide angle though in a single setup.
The main thing is that it serves its purpose . . . enhance vision and safety. That's why I added mine. BMW must have thought the same thing for putting the holes there in the first place. If the bike came with handlebar mirrors already installed which two would you remove to sell to me :rotf:

I have the RS mirrors also. BMW put the holes there to save costs with other models. Certainly not any forethought.

Robert

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Dear Abby,
I have a friend who recently put two extra mirrors on his K1200LT. So now he has four mirrors and has trouble seeing the front two as the two extra have caused a vision obstruction. Should I tell him to take those extra ones off or just suffer in silence?

Signed: Perplexed in Topeka.

Dear Perplexed,
What in the world is wrong with you? Don't you understand that the K1200 Light Truck was designed as a two wheeled RV/truck/motorcycle? For God's sake, celebrate the moment by buying him some convex blind spot mirrors that he can attach to his windshield and then you boys just go for a ride and be happy. Just don't ride behind him with the sun at your back. :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
OK I get you concern.
Had to pop some popcorn just to get through the Dear Abbey :histerica
I think she just died recently. Somebody else must have responded.

·
Registered
103 Posts
billsmith said:
BMW wouldn't waste time and effort mounting four mirrors on a bike. This adds nothing more than needless cost.

BMW uses the same switchgear on different models. Some models use stem mounted mirrors, others use fairing mounted mirrors.

Lastly, Bikes don't come with four mirrors, so your question makes no sense.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts