BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks....bought the mirrors from guninventor off eBay...great service, very responsive to my question...uses bmw mirrors, makes the clamps himself..very high quality...super happy!

·
Registered
924 Posts
View attachment 171010

I use these standard mirror clamps. I have a valentine on the right and a ram grip for my phone on the left side. Get any mirrors that you can and screw them in.
Yep ... same part I was suggesting above that is from the GS. Assume it is the same part #. But very useful and handy

·
Registered
2016 R1200RT, Premium package
13 Posts
So, I went ahead and did what did what GSinNC and tvguy recommended and used the bar clamps and mirrors off an RNineT. I turned the yoke to max each way to set the angle when mounting, so they don"t contact the windshield. Let me tell you, the difference in visibility is phenomenal. I'm 5'11" and the handlebar mirrors sit just above and slightly to the left of the fairing mirrors. The almost act as an extension of the fairing mirrors. I can see other vehicles move from one mirror to the other when passing or being passed

·
Registered
924 Posts
So, I went ahead and did what did what GSinNC and tvguy recommended and used the bar clamps and mirrors off an RNineT. I turned the yoke to max each way to set the angle when mounting, so they don"t contact the windshield. Let me tell you, the difference in visibility is phenomenal. I'm 5'11" and the handlebar mirrors sit just above and slightly to the left of the fairing mirrors. The almost act as an extension of the fairing mirrors. I can see other vehicles move from one mirror to the other when passing or being passed View attachment 171271 View attachment 171272
Excellent! Love when things work out and you get the results you wanted.

Ride safe!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts