BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I did have one issue with my new 2004 KLT. I lost the right mirror glass hitting a pot hole in Indy. So I just purchased Muth signal mirrors to replace both sides. After trying to pop off the left side mirror, the round movable adjustor broke that the mirror sticks to. If anyone has a mirror laying around that has a good adjustor, let me know and we can work out a price. Thanks!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ok. I did have one issue with my new 2004 KLT. I lost the right mirror glass hitting a pot hole in Indy. So I just purchased Muth signal mirrors to replace both sides. After trying to pop off the left side mirror, the round movable adjustor broke that the mirror sticks to. If anyone has a mirror laying around that has a good adjustor, let me know and we can work out a price. Thanks!

So, what broke was the wire tab that the round peg sticks to? Or the round peg?

If it’s the wire thing (please post a pic), I can show you what I did to mine to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I broke the bar that hold the movable ring that allows the mirror to swivel. I think this is called the 'motor actuator'. It is broken right by my thumb in the picture. It allows the ring to fall off and that is what the mirror sticks to.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that John. Never even checked! I figured it was a complete assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts