BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a tip on getting the chrome and plastic mount off the glass. OK so my 05 lt went boom :eek: Put the side stand down, left the engine running, went back to the shop to close the door, then....I didn't know the side stand does NOT have a dog latch on it like my Electra Glide!!!! I ordered the parts to fix it so I'm trying to get it apart for the repair.

Well, I guess my "dump" was better than having someone else put a ding in my baby cause I'd probably would have killed him, gone to jail, and not be able to ride on!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
OK, trying to cypher through. Sounds like your lady fell off her side stand and you damaged the rearview mirror on the Left side. Right?

Now you've got the parts to affect a repair - minus the glass. You want to remove the glass from the damaged mirror and install it to the new parts.

BUT, you're having a hard time getting the glass out. Right so far?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mirror glass removal

place a couple of terry cloth towels on a flat work surface. holding the mirror about a foot above the towels and parallel to the work surface , slam the mirror down on the towels.face down. This will release the mirror clips from the housing. and if you're lucky. The mirror won't break. Hope this helps!

Terry

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise

terrandsan1200 said:
place a couple of terry cloth towels on a flat work surface. holding the mirror about a foot above the towels and parallel to the work surface , slam the mirror down on the towels.face down. This will release the mirror clips from the housing. and if you're lucky. The mirror won't break. Hope this helps!

Terry
Worked like a champ and no damage to the glass! Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts