BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, does any one out there know what mileage I should get while pulling a Bunkhouse trailer at 70 MPH? The last tank gave me about 35 MPG.

Robert

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts
That sounds about right as I pulled a 350 lb Bushtec last year two up and got between 32 and 38 at 70 - 80 MPH. It did get better as the altitude increased. Also if I slowed down it went back up to 42.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds about right as I pulled a 350 lb Bushtec last year two up and got between 32 and 38 at 70 - 80 MPH. It did get better as the altitude increased. Also if I slowed down it went back up to 42.
Thanks, John. I was just curious since my fuel gauge is crap I have to calculate my range the old fashioned way. Just as an aside I ride solo and the wife rides her own bike.

Robert

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

Sounds about right to me also...I pulled a bunkhouse with my 03 LT.

Ron

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Enjoy your trip and this weather.....it certainly isn't normal for mid July here but we are not complaining.

Ron

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Enjoy your trip and this weather.....it certainly isn't normal for mid July here but we are not complaining.

Ron
Amen you can say that again
This is the coolest mid July I can remember. But I'm not complaining either. Currently I am not riding but hope all else is taking advantage of what mother nature rolls out.
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts