BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to adjust the mileage computer?

Last weekend we had a group ride through the hills and valleys of eastern Ohio. I clocked 250 miles and yesterday, prior to another ride filled her up . . . 5 gallons! That computes (if I can still divide) to 50 miles per gallon. :bike: The readout on the computer read 45 mpg.

I few weeks ago, I did the Motronic reset procedure as well.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Paul, Paul, Paul, You've been around here long enough to know if that if you have an older bike, i.e. '00 K1200LT, most of the answers are in the Hall of Wisdom. Shame, Shame, Shame. :D :D :D

And for you guys with '05 and up, there isn't a procedure that we currently know of.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,911 Posts
Also that is a cumulative read out since your last reset. You need to force a reset if you want it to be accurate for a single trip.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Steve_R said:
Paul, Paul, Paul, You've been around here long enough to know if that if you have an older bike, i.e. '00 K1200LT, most of the answers are in the Hall of Wisdom. Shame, Shame, Shame. :D :D :D

And for you guys with '05 and up, there isn't a procedure that we currently know of.
I know, I know :( . . . a bit lazy this morning as I was out the door for a twisty ride in the nearby National Park for a pancake breakfast at the volunteer fire department with a couple of other riders!
http://www.bmwlt.com members, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!
In the future, I will spend MY TIME following the :rulez:

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I hope you had a good ride sounds like a fun. Food and twisties with friends, what more can a man ask for. And I was just yankin' your chain anyway.

Thanks for the rulez emoticon usage, I had not realized the mods had added that one. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Steve_R said:
I hope you had a good ride sounds like a fun. Food and twisties with friends, what more can a man ask for. And I was just yankin' your chain anyway.

Thanks for the rulez emoticon usage, I had not realized the mods had added that one. :eek:
Not quite like Georgia weather yet but things are starting to bloom and their fragrances are in the air.
There is a whole nuther page of emoticons from the (More) link!

I spend a ton of time doing research at work using Google and a couple of other engines plus subscription search services and just got lazy!

All in good fun. Ride 'till you can't! :wave

AND John, you be the Answer Man!
Di dah Di dah dit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts