BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this question is as old as the hills, but while my search techniques have given me a lot of great install assistance on the Autocom install itself, I haven't been able to find the answer to the question I started out looking for. In my wife's HCJ CLMAX helmet, the cheek pads do not appear to be removable. Any hints on how to run the boom on this helmet. It looks like my options are to try to come from the top (temple area) or velcro it to the bottom (but am afraid of the exposed nature of that idea) or drill a hole and push it through (which my wife doesn't like). Any ideas?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Grif, It turns out they are removable with a snap and velcro inside. I just wasn't forceful enough, but assuming glue and sticking a flat knife in there, I found out they come out. All is good. Many thanks.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Hhmmn...

My friend Nancy had various sets of replaceable cheek pads for her old HJC flip-up. Are you sure they're not removable?!? That would really surprise me as it seems that HJC (also the makers of the ChatterBox stuff) prepare their helmets well for headset installations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts