BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering Mick-O-Pegs. how much weight/pressure will they stand? If you have long legs will they support the weight ok? They look in the photos like they might twist or bend easily. :bmw:

·
Registered
533 Posts
You can't standup on them, but you can use them to help shift your weight while riding.

·
Registered
26 Posts
MOPMan said:
Mick-O-Pegs will 'flex' (more side to side than down) since the LEG is about a foot long, made of T6061 (Aircraft Aluminum), and is 1" x 1/4". Most customers who feel uncomfortable with that flex at first come to appreciate how it seems to make those rough roads smoother.

We have never had anyone report damage the bracket that is mounted to the tip over bar except in accidents.

By design the LEG stops on machined edges, top and bottom, so there is very little/no torque on the pivot bolt.

Because of our peg's location below the tip over bar, it's not likely you'll be standing on them, but you can push against them to push yourself back in the seat and straighten your legs. How much weight will depend a little on whether you put that weight on the outside end of the peg (which might twist the LEG) or inside where the peg is attached to the LEG. You likely won't bend the LEG unless you put more than 100# weight on each leg (#200 total).

If you do bend a LEG out of shape, it can be bent back (I recommend using a shop vice). 'Worst case scenario - if you damage the LEG beyond repair - a new LEG is only $19.50. You can't damage the spring by too much weight on our peg because the bracket will not allow the spring to be over loaded.
:bmw:

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I can stretch my legs out, using the Mik-O-Peg for support to lift my butt and lean against the back-up backrest enough to get some air under my but. I find this procedure enables me to ride a few more miles on those hot summer LD rides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts