BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does all the hype for these tires come from? 4,500 miles and I'm at the rear wear bars. Very squirmy when leaned over; I can feel it wanting to kick out under throttle. Traction from a launch is iffy; traction control kicks in hard. This is actually the worst tire I've ever had.

When brand new they were in fact pretty darn good. And grippy. And confident. But put a couple thousand miles on 'em and fuggedaboutit.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I normally get to around 6k before they are cuping, but never managed to get to the wear bars in that mileage, normally have a bout 2 mm left, but I always change before the wear indicators, motorcycle tyres are not that expensive compared to car tyres so i would rather have good rubber than hang out for longevity. So think you are the exception, maybe a bad set!

·
IBR# 366
16,542 Posts
Reactions: Geoff c

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the story of my life... the odd man out with a bad set :) I'd guess the tires are fine; I'll admit to being what might be unusually hard on them with LOTS of throttle and braking. That probably got me the low mileage... but the OEM Bridgestone BT-022's and Angel GT's did better under the same conditions. Better as in +1,000 more miles to the wear bars and no squirminess up to the very end. Pressure has been kept around 41-42 psi... according to my hand held gauge; my on-bike TPMS seems to consistently read a couple psi low. And darksiding? Oh my. A long time curiosity of mine but I just don't have it in me to go there; this resistance to darksiding might be simultaneously logical and illogical. No?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where does all the hype for these tires come from? 4,500 miles and I'm at the rear wear bars. Very squirmy when leaned over; I can feel it wanting to kick out under throttle. Traction from a launch is iffy; traction control kicks in hard. This is actually the worst tire I've ever had.

When brand new they were in fact pretty
darn good. And grippy. And confident. But put a couple thousand miles on 'em and fuggedaboutit.
I recently replaced my Bridgestones with the Michelin PR4 on my 2018 GTL. I have about 2000 miles on them and I would not make that purchase again. Squirmish is not you want to say or feel when describing tires on any bike, let alone a big bike. My goal is to burn these tires up as quickly as possible without killing myself. I always ran Metzelers on my LT's and LOVED them. I need to return to my test driven love instead of seeking the latest and greatest. Sorry Michelin you suck on my big bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts