BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking a 5,000 mile trip out west with my wife and a trailer, so It was time for a new tire on the front, after 8,000 miles with a Metzeler ME880. (A new tire is cheap insurance.) I saw that Michelin Pilot Road 4 was among those tires that have been used by folks on the Forum, so I purchased one, installed it, and went for a 5 mile ride. Because this tire is a radial and my rear tire is a Bridgestone (bias tire), the feeling is different.
Well, I have a passenger and pull a trailer, so I opted for a Metzeler 888(bias) tire. I now have both bias tires and a confident feeling for the long trip.
This Michelin Road Pilot 4 is up for sale with just 5 miles on it. The rubber nubs are still present. I am asking $99.00 and free shipping. Paypal is accepted.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm just a new guy here, but wouldn't a "for sale" thread do better in the Classifieds section?

Main Index - PhotoPost Classifieds

If you do put it in there, you might want to mention what size it is and also the DOT date code.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the Mich Pilot on front, and Avon Storm (79V) on rear. Both radials - love the way she rides, handles and stops. Don't really care about getting the extra mileage. I can see why you would not want to mix bias and radial.
To each his own. My .02 cents and 40 years on street bikes. Watch the idiots, and God Bless

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the Mich Pilot on front, and Avon Storm (79V) on rear. Both radials - love the way she rides, handles and stops. Don't really care about getting the extra mileage. I can see why you would not want to mix bias and radial.
To each his own. My .02 cents and 40 years on street bikes. Watch the idiots, and God Bless
This is good information. I now have Avon Storms front and rear on my 02 LT. Love the Avon tires, but the front tire does not hold up as well as the back and I don't like the tread pattern on front tire. It appears that something is missing.:) Think I will try the Michelin Pilot on the front next tire change.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The PR4 GT is a combination design of both radial and bias, according to Michellin's video in the thread here (link still works)
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/tires/160297-pr4-gt-front-lt.html

NOTE: Make sure you get the PR4 GT tyre,not just the PR4.
The GT has the stiffer sidewalls suitable for the heavier bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts