BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I own a 2002 K1200 RS ! have any of you ran these tires ??? I am switching tires from AVON STORMS, terrible tire !!!! terrible wear problems, especially fronts. I am going to run these Pilot road 2's or the NEW Pilot road 3's. ANY thoughts or comments on these tires would be great., Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been running these Michelins for about 6000 miles now. They seem to be wearing well. What's really impressive for me is that these tires have completely stopped the pulling to the right and the vibration during deceleration. So far, I've been very pleased with them

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I've been through about 4 sets on my 1200 and 1300GT. I love these tires; great handling and traction in all condition, not noisy, and I can get 7000 out of a set, even with my somewhat spirited riding pace. :) I like the PR2s so much I run the Pilot Power 2s on my Ducati, and those things are great as well. I've about burned up the Metzelers on my 1200RT and the PR2s will go on as soon as those are toast (hopefully very soon).

·
Registered
327 Posts
k1200rs-rider said:
Hi all, I own a 2002 K1200 RS ! have any of you ran these tires ??? I am switching tires from AVON STORMS, terrible tire !!!! terrible wear problems, especially fronts. I am going to run these Pilot road 2's or the NEW Pilot road 3's. ANY thoughts or comments on these tires would be great., Thanks
I ran a couple of sets on my K1200GT and liked them a lot when they were fresh.
I recommend running slightly higher than recommended pressures or they will scallop.
Both my front and rears scalloped at about 7000ks or around 4500 miles on the first set and with higher pressures on the second set they lasted a little longer but still scalloped.
Once they do this they become noisy in corners and you lose that connected feel and the front becomes heavy in corners.
Ive since run 2 sets of Pirelli Angels and Im hooked.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You'll be happy w/ the 2's!! Do run your pressure up around 40f/42r anyway to help slow down the wear patterns, but w/ your bike, all tires will do that. (I had an 03 GT) I ran storms also, loved the first set but fought them afterwards and have went back to pr2's on both bikes. Great mileage, once they are warm you'll forget about them! I ride to NC a couple times a year and love the twisties w/ them. Also have road my K11 in the California mountains and loved the feel of the front tire working. Plus, they have come down in price the last year or so.........which is amazing! My last pair I paid like 118 for the front, and 150 for the rear. Two years ago it was over 300 for a pair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts