BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost always ride with earplugs in. This afternoon I rode without them and was surprised to hear a fair amount of road noise coming from the front tire. My PR3s have about 6000 miles on them and are wearing and handling great!

I remember a recent thread about some complaints about noisy PR2s. Is anyone noticing there PR3s being noisy or is it just my aging ears and being used to wearing the earplugs?

Regards,

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm pretty sure that all tires are noisy. My guess is that motorcycle tires are less noisy than car tires simply because there are only two tires instead of four and the contact patch is much smaller.

·
Registered
219 Posts
No noise problems at all from my PR3s. have about 3700 miles on them. Of course, flying fighters for over 20 years might have something to do with it. That, and the subtle ringing in the ears...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have some noise depending on the newness of the asphalt. Noticable on the rRT, not on my 04 R1100Rs, less windshield. Think maybe the large fairings ans windshield insulate us too much from wind thus we hear the tires?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
red05rt said:
I have some noise depending on the newness of the asphalt. Noticable on the rRT, not on my 04 R1100Rs, less windshield. Think maybe the large fairings ans windshield insulate us too much from wind thus we hear the tires?
I think that you may be right. Thanks for all the responses guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts