BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the Metzler ME880 Marathon on the rear. If so - what size? They do not have the 180/55 R17. And what do you use on front with ME880 on back.

I see they have 170/60\R17, 160/60/B17, 170/60/R17

Tires always confuse me - I want high mileage. The ME880's are a lot higher than the Mitchlen PR2

·
Registered
19 Posts
For what it's worth, I ran through a set of ME880's on my '06 RT about 2 years ago.
I don't remember what size I went with, but I do remember that the mileage did not differ any from the PR2's I have run.

I tried them hoping for their legendary high mileage, but was surprisingly disappointed.

Now I'm running PR3's, and at 6k, they still look brand new.
Maybe these are going to give me what the ME880 didn't.

·
Registered
353 Posts
lkchris said:
You know, it's a "clue" when the correct size is not available that the tire is not suitable for the bike.
+ 1 for not using an incorrect sized tire. If you go to metzeler's website, you'll most likely see that they don't offer the ME880 for the RT. They used to have two versions of that tire. One was a bias ply (specifically for the LT) and a radial version for other bikes. They might have offered the correct size a while back but as far as I know, they don't now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.