BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put metal valve stems on my 2000 LT. I had to file off the ridge in the center of the rim. I now have a 2009 LT and want to use metal valve stems, but don't want to file on the rim. Is there a metal valve stem that will fit, without filing the center ridge off? If I use rubber stems are there still some leaking or is BMW using better valve stems?

Jim

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
That is NOT where I got mine ... but they ware the same ones.

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I've put the standard metal ones from any auto parts store without grinding the lip on the rims many times. Never had a stem leak.

·
Registered
476 Posts
+1 on the kurveygirl stems, but I got the bent versions coz many tire inflation connections struggle in the space. I've used the same on my VTX for years, never any issues.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I ordered the referenced KurvyGirl stems. Got three sets, one for the wheels on the bike, one for spare wheels (still looking to buy a front that fits 2005), and a third set in case anyone local has a need and no time to wait for shipping.

·
Registered
423 Posts
+1 on the kurveygirl stems, but I got the bent versions coz many tire inflation connections struggle in the space. I've used the same on my VTX for years, never any issues.
The bent versions have this warning listed with them:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I just use the standard O'Reilly ones and make a stainless steel spacer to clear the rib. I am on the road to the national right now so if you need specs it'll have to wait till I get back.

Robert

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Have a safe trip, Robert!

·
Registered
476 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts