does anyone off hand know the line size for the fuel disconnects
1/4 or 5/16

Thanks 0:)
According to the replacements for the LT sold on BBY, they are 5/16

Reactions: Tricky_dickey

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I have some viton ones if you want a couple, I can mail them but they are #11 O-rings, even Buna-N is okay. Just hold the push release in all the way while you insert them so the oring will not be nicked. Use some (tiny bit) of grease on the oring. beech= snipesb (at) cnw.com

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I am not sure I see the need for a quick disconnect on these lines. How often do you have the tank off the bike? Just my two cents.
Hopefully not often but probably more often than you think. It does make it easier so you don't have to clamp off the lines or drain the tank before removing to service the air filter or fuel filter.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
I am not sure I see the need for a quick disconnect on these lines. How often do you have the tank off the bike? Just my two cents.
I have probably had mine off 10-12 times in 9 years. Had to take it off to install CB. Had to take it off to install auxiliary lights. Have to take it off for maintenance. Had it off for clutch repair. The RPW Jiffy-Tites make it very easy with virtually no loss of fuel.

It would be great if you didn't need to remove it so often, but when air filter and electronics are under it and with bike as unreliable as an LT, the QDs are worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I had my tank off at least 3 times in 27,000 miles. Once to replace the fuel & air filters, another to install PIAA wiring, and another to replace the internal fuel lines and the filters again. Jiffy Tite QDs helped a lot. :bmw:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You will see the need if you do the air filter/fuel filter service. Worth the $$$ taking even a half tank full of fuel off just twice. Just a suggestion to make life easier. Just saying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts