BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got the first part done, bleeding the part where you fill the 2 reservoirs. The rear on right side of bike ad the handlebar reservoir. But I have screwed up the bleeding with the funnel. I screwed the funnel into the hole closest to the left side. I think it is for the front. I hooked a hose to theleft front caliper bleed valve. Filled the funnel and turned on key and started squeezing the front brake lever as I opened the left caliper bleed valve. I got fluid out but the fluid in funnel is not going down. Then It looks like I am getting air out of the bleed valve. On top of that I have brake fluid coming out of the vent hoses. What the hell am I doing wrong and how bad have I screwed up?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Would be great to know what went wrong and how to do it right...

Mugz

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I finally got it. Went to bed and woke up at 4:00am and reread all the documents I have. The problem was I was an idiot!!
I put the funnel in the reservoir for the rear and tried to bleed the front brakes. I still don't understand why fluid came out the vent hose. But when you put the funnel in the system you are bleeding works so much better. As others hav said on this site, once you have done it, it is not so bad and you won't make such a mess the next time. But still I am not looking forward to the next time. It is an 05 LT with abou 34000 miles and I can say it really needed the flush. Wish I had picked up some new brake pads while I was in there. But they are easy to change. So I have completed a valve adjustment and ABS flush. Feeling pretty good! Saved alot of money and I learned so much. Zen and the art of motorcycle mechanics!!
Anyway thanks to the guys for all your help. Couldn't have done it without you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts