BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
zippy_gg is riding his new to him LT back to CA from PA. He is going to be in Dallas on Thursday, so I thought that I would take him over to the Two Wheeled Texans Meet & Greet in Plano, and out to dinner somewhere. If anyone else is interested the M&G is every Thursday evening at 7:30, rain or shine. It's not all BMWs but there are a few.

Address below:

Shoemaker & Hardt in Plano (coffee shop)
(Between Custer and Independence)
2709 W. 15th Street Suite B
Plano, TX 75075
972-769-8888
N33 01.164 W96 44.755

See you there. :)

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Hammer down

Texas42 said:
zippy_gg is riding his new to him LT back to CA from PA. He is going to be in Dallas on Thursday, so I thought that I would take him over to the Two Wheeled Texans Meet & Greet in Plano, and out to dinner somewhere. If anyone else is interested the M&G is every Thursday evening at 7:30, rain or shine. It's not all BMWs but there are a few.

Address below:

Shoemaker & Hardt in Plano (coffee shop)
(Between Custer and Independence)
2709 W. 15th Street Suite B
Plano, TX 75075
972-769-8888
N33 01.164 W96 44.755

See you there. :)
He'll have to leave here early Thursday morning to get to Plano for dinner! My wife and I drive to Fort Worth a lot and with us in a cage stopping for two-three very short breaks it still takes us around 11 hours to do the trip! And we set the cruise at 75-80 mph! I should say we go all the way into Cleburne!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His route it from PA to TN on Wednesday, then from TN to TX on Thursday. He will have to be zippy, but it is possible that is 820+ miles. :) I-20 between Meridian, MS and Dallas, he can go pretty fast, but I would recommend that in GA. I picked up my LT in Enterprise, GA and there were LEO's in every little town all the way to MS, but some of the prettiest roads so I didn't mind slowing down a bit to enjoy life. :)

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Trip from TN-TX

Texas42 said:
His route it from PA to TN on Wednesday, then from TN to TX on Thursday. He will have to be zippy, but it is possible that is 820+ miles. :) I-20 between Meridian, MS and Dallas, he can go pretty fast, but I would recommend that in GA. I picked up my LT in Enterprise, GA and there were LEO's in every little town all the way to MS, but some of the prettiest roads so I didn't mind slowing down a bit to enjoy life. :)
Well, he will only have a 22 mile stretch in GA (I-24W/I-59S) through and out of Chattanooga. I-59 south into Birmingham is a bore with light traffic, road gets rough in places but can make a 140 mile trip in two or less hours easily. The bypass I-459 South around Birmingham is nice and can generally make some decent time while keeping a close eye on the LEO's.
Once off of I-459 then you pick up I-59 south again and I-20 West. From there it is approx 199 miles to Meridian, MS. You have to watch the Alabama State Patrol about half-way between Birmingham and Meridian. Watch the Meridian City boys; they like to sit in the median as you are coming into Meridian. Once through Meridian you will drop I-59 and stay 20 West all the way to Dallas.

The mileage in Mississippi and Louisiana is approximatley 170-190 miles across on I-20; so figure 2 1/2 hours across each state. Once you hit Texas, mileage to the Dallas area is about the same (170-190 miles).

State Patrol can be tricky, but most of the time the cages will give you a good front door and keep you out of trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts