·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
All right Ken !!!

You know you carry all of us with you on these things..

When you win it feels like we all win...

Congratulations...

John

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
Amazing. Well done!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congratulations Ken!! Good to see some 'serious' riders here and I'd like to know more about this event & preparation!!

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
Thanks, guys. It was a blast, but a really tough ride. 1,512 miles in 24 hours, on a Rally pace, including collecting 20 separate bonuses, some of which involved hikes to get the correct pic . . .

Ride report is coming, but in the mean time, here's a link to my overall route.

Note that there is a bit of back-tracking and criss-crossing, but some of the bonii were time-sensitive, and so had to be done in a specific order . . . :bike:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Alright Ken, when ya gonna quit showing off buddy?

Congrats!

John

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
SRM said:
Congratulations Ken!! Good to see some 'serious' riders here and I'd like to know more about this event & preparation!!
I don't know if I'd call myself 'serious' or not. I mean, I've just barely turned over 129K on my '07 GT . . .

I'll do a ride report for the 1088 soon. But in the mean time, here's a link to my 2009 Cal24 Rally ride report. That should give a pretty good idea of what an Endurance Rally is all about.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
meese said:
I don't know if I'd call myself 'serious' or not. I mean, I've just barely turned over 129K on my '07 GT . . .

I'll do a ride report for the 1088 soon. But in the mean time, here's a link to my 2009 Cal24 Rally ride report. That should give a pretty good idea of what an Endurance Rally is all about.
Ken, did you ever write up a report for your IBR run? I kept looking for that, did I miss it?

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
dshealey said:
Ken, did you ever write up a report for your IBR run? I kept looking for that, did I miss it?
Not yet. :( But it is on my to-do list. Too busy riding still. :bike:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Good on ya Ken. Very impressive. I bet the planning stage and prep is just as hard as making the ride itself.

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
ironbuttwannabe said:
Congrats Ken, sounds like they are getting a bit testy
It all depends on context. :)

The guy who wrote that is a buddy of mine, and we've ridden several Rallies together. He had just won his first Rally (the same weekend I won the Not Superman Rally), so was feeling a bit smug. It's all in good fun though. :cool:

Funny enough, all this has hardly been mentioned at all on the LDRider email list. I think they're actually bored of it all now. "Oh look, Meese won again." :D

In fact, one guy even created a form letter that starts out:

"Hi Ken,

I was very happy to hear of your recent victory in the ________ Rally held on ________ .

I hope you don't mind. I created a congratulatory letter template. Now, every time you win another rally, I simply have to fill in the blanks to send you a heartfelt note. :) "

Like I said, all in good fun . . .

·
Registered
910 Posts
LOL.. congratulations there.
form letter snort~~~...
its just that you do go out and have the fun..

Some people like torture.. and some people like the fun of the run..

thanks for the links sir..
be safe

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
SRM said:
Be VERY careful what you ask for... The information he freely shares contains the Rally Virus and it is horribly contagious! Trust ME!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts