BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way down to the North of the Border rally Friday my final drive gave up th ghost at 60,000 miles. Last oil change there were no shavings and prior to leaving home there was no play in the rear tire. Not fun. That 4% figure starts looming larger when it is you on the side of the road. Any extra and preferably rebuilt drives out there for cheap?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
There certainly are, but it would help to know who you are, where you are, and what year your LT is, since there are differences in the FD for certain years.

John

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John

My LT is a '99 and I am in Ocean City, MD. Have had the bike since '01 with few issues till now. I love my bike and hope to have it up and ready for the Sun Your Buns rally next month in FL. My local mechanic who deals mostly with harleys loves to work on my bike and is not at all afraid of it. He said that any rebuild must be done by some one who knows their stuff but he will be glad to do the install.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Rkimmel, we still don't know your name. Are you Ray Kimmel, Rick Kimmelski, Rodney K?

If I were going to buy a final drive it woyuuld be the one listed below without reservation!

Loren
From our own guru with a guarantee! You can't touch this as far as a safe bet goes.

John

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob Kimmel and I got the message. I am in the process of gathering together the funds to purchase the FD mentioned. Clearly the way to go.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Bob, once that drive is installed that little niggling thought that used to lurk in the back of your mind will be gone forever! That should be a 200,000 mile drive.

Thanks for the name, it really helps!

Loren

rkimmel2 said:
Bob Kimmel and I got the message. I am in the process of gathering together the funds to purchase the FD mentioned. Clearly the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts