BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Wow. That review is going to have this forum going BONKERS! :wave

The thing that continues to bother me is the scrapes at 1:02 and 1:22. Not going fast enough to scrape, IMO. But that just me. :p

But I liked the sound ... definitely! And finally heard some encouraging remarks about the new release. :bmw:

What's the difference between a baboon and a LEO? LEOs are more annoying. :rotf:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Nice, makes me want one, unlike other reviews.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had just about decided the new 1600 GT was to big and porky for me. I had a 2007 LT which I didn't like because it was heavy and too tall for my short legs. I traded that in on a 2008 GT which I really enjoy, even with the problems and warranty work that has been done. But this video makes me think I might enjoy the new GT. The only way to be sure is to do a test ride when they get enough of them at the dealer. I am going to wait and see how things develop on this years model. Besides I only have about 40,000 miles on the GT.

·
IBR# 366
16,553 Posts
simoncharles said:
I prefer this review, it´s my kind of riding.
You prefer to ride in a plain white t-shirt? ;)

Nice scenery in that video, but most of us have been there, done that and are now looking for something a bit fresher, a bit faster yet just as comfortable, and a bit more modern.

Besides, who actually washes their bike in the middle of a long ride? :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually, riding in the rain at 70 mph can wash the bike AND your clothes. Great cost savings. No need to pay for it. And us in the west know it does rain in the desert.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
meese said:
You prefer to ride in a plain white t-shirt? ;)

Nice scenery in that video, but most of us have been there, done that and are now looking for something a bit fresher, a bit faster yet just as comfortable, and a bit more modern.

Besides, who actually washes their bike in the middle of a long ride? :confused:
If I can´t find a black one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love that video. The review has me excited. I can't wait for the May arrival.

·
Registered
89 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
Wow. That review is going to have this forum going BONKERS! :wave

The thing that continues to bother me is the scrapes at 1:02 and 1:22. Not going fast enough to scrape, IMO. But that just me. :p
It bothers me too.... watching that horrible body position. If he put his helmet where the mirror is (forcing the shoulders from the centerline) and got his a$$ off the seat a bit, there's plenty more speed that can be had in those corners.

·
Registered
32 Posts
meese said:
After five months (and right after the Dalton Highway), I had to was the mag-chloride and mud off the bike just so my lights could be seen. It does happen... not often mind you, but there are certain occasions that warrant it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts