BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this little device? It's a rubber adapter that inserts on the gas nozzle preventing gasoline splashing all over the black plastic and fairings. Works quite well and my fuel guage now goes all the way to the top.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,068 Posts
I have never had a need for it (just one more thing to carry). Always fill on the side stand with the tip of the nozzle just inside the small ring in the filler. Never had a splash and always full up.

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
jzeiler said:
I have never had a need for it (just one more thing to carry). Always fill on the side stand with the tip of the nozzle just inside the small ring in the filler. Never had a splash and always full up.
+1. Simple, works great, nothing to carry.

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
RonKMiller said:
I always take three McCuffs whenever I travel. Oh yeah, and one for the LT. :D
When did they release the micro McCuff? :rotf:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
RonKMiller said:
I always take three McCuffs whenever I travel. Oh yeah, and one for the LT. :D
The middle one is my favorite... :histerica

·
Registered
256 Posts
edmann said:
...Works quite well and my fuel gauge now goes all the way to the top.
I have always thought that if you fill it to the top you may actually be over-filling and risk plugging the charcoal canister... Yes, my 2002 still has the canister, and I plan on keeping it connected unless it does plug up. I just live with a gauge that never quite shows Full...

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
JimH said:
I have always thought that if you fill it to the top you may actually be over-filling and risk plugging the charcoal canister... Yes, my 2002 still has the canister, and I plan on keeping it connected unless it does plug up. I just live with a gauge that never quite shows Full...
100% correct. Still have the canister on mine as well - never been an issue.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I tried it and it works ok .... except for the occasional pump that doesn't shut off properly and dumps gas all over because you can't watch the fill level with the McCuff in the way.

I fill it the old fashioned way now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts