BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just bikes?
We have a lot of cage drivers that need to have their autos or trucks taken away for that type of behavior. Our area has had some nasty one car and multiple car wrecks on I-5 in the past year due to stupid speeds. A couple of fatals.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not going to happen.

Couple of motors in the office today stated that bill will not pass, just as you pointed out. There are cars that go that fast also and flee from police so this bill looks as if it is targeting motorcyclist. I wish that bills would focus more on education or cc restrictions based on age.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
In my opinion, as soon as a vehicle engages in pursuit, the police should authorize deadly force to stop them ASAP. There should be Apache helicopters available to gun down any vehicle engaging officers, as well as officers with high powered weapons to do the same. I can't imagine for a minute the angst at losing a family member (s) because some selfish SOB tried to make a getaway over a ticket or whatever.
On the other hand, having the bike taken away for popping a wheelie is draconian and would be akin to living in a communist or nazi police state. Not very American in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts