BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TV ads for the three wheel Can-ams, you can now get your MC License on it and be riding the next day.
I feel this a bad idea. The people who get this type of license should not be allowed to get to ride on a normal MC.

How do the rest of the two wheelers feel about this.

On their license it should state 3 wheels only.

AARP = ARMED AND REALY PISSED

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have to agree. It's akin to getting your car license then being able to drive a tractor trailer. A 2 wheeled vehicle has a completely different set of handling characteristics from a 3 sheeled vehicle.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I agree.
Perhaps a tiered system MC 2 wheel rating being the highest and includes all below it, trikes, Cam's. ATV, etc.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Well, in Kansas when you buy a motorcycle and have it tagged with a temporary tag--and if you have only a automobile D.L. you can operate your new motorcycle for those thirty days of the temporary tag legally. So, some dude who has never driven a bike in his life can leave the dealers parking lot with his brand spanking new 800 to 900 pound ride and go out into traffic and become roadkill. :eek:

By the way--I would have to agree with you all on this issue. There is a huge difference in two wheels and three.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
SmokinJoe said:
I agree.
Perhaps a tiered system MC 2 wheel rating being the highest and includes all below it, trikes, Cam's. ATV, etc.
Licensing in Florida changed a few years ago. Currently if you take and pass the MSF BRC and obtain your Motorcycle Endorcement you are entitled to ride anything classified as a motorcycle. That includes standard two wheeled bikes, trikes, and sidecars. If you are only interested in trikes/sidecars you can take a three wheel class and obtain a 3 wheel only Endorsement which includes trikes and sidecars but does not allow 2 wheel bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts