BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this $130, 3.5 inch screen gps for motorcycles while looking for quad core cell phones from china.

http://www.chinavasion.com/china/wh...torcycle_GPS_Navigator-3.5_Inch_GPS_Navigator

it runs win 5 for the os and claims to be much faster than Garmin. i'm guessing that one has to find gps software for win ce 5 and then get map up dates for thr software.

Don't have any idea how well it works? or doesn't work.

bob

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Bob,

I see no mention of maps, or did I miss that?

And what does this mean, This model is compatible with most brands of GPS software - however hardware specific software such as Garmin may not run on this unit. As the wholesaler, Chinavasion provides the GPS- enabled hardware only, not the software. Chinavasion provides no warranty or customer support regarding GPS software. Chinavasion cannot provide downloads / links / advice regarding GPS software. Any software installation you undertake should be performed or supervised by a professional.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it means that it is the GPS hardware running on win CEI 5 OS, cell phone software.

It will need a GPS app, like any of the ones i've seen for Android OS. Some of the Android
GPS apps are free.

While i check out win 8X cell phones I'll see what apps there are.

bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts