BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in the Houston area need some work done? Planning on May 7, 8am.

Post your needs here.

Dan Martin

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Dan. Like I said at the RTE, I'll plan on coming and installing my quick connects and a voltage monitor. I don't expect to get there before 10am though...

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I'd love the chance to come by and meet some of the people I've read, also if anyone can help me with a front brake bleed it would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diolach said:
I'd love the chance to come by and meet some of the people I've read, also if anyone can help me with a front brake bleed it would be appreciated.
Welcome, come on by. I see you have a 2002 model with the power brakes. We can bleed those. Bring a qt of Dot 4 with you.

dan

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Thanks, baring any unseen problems I'll see y'all on the 7th. Of course I'll be asking for instructions on where y'all will be before then.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Karen and I would like to come by. Karen's bike needs an oil change, and I come to shoot shit(as usual)

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I can BE in the Houston area May 7. Just ordered throttle cables, have air/fuel filters. What do I need to bring? Directions?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Got half a mind to ride over and have a brew with you guys and watch!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NOGILLS2 said:
Got half a mind to ride over and have a brew with you guys and watch!
Hey Halfamind Floyd, There are a couple of Shiner Bocks in the frig with your name on them.
dan

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PoppaT said:
I can BE in the Houston area May 7. Just ordered throttle cables, have air/fuel filters. What do I need to bring? Directions?
Cables and Filters,
PM'd you directions.

dan

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Dan! :)

I have a new rear tire to mount. I'll let Mike Haught know about it. He needs the tire sensors mounted.

Would like to do weep hole, but I feel that the valve check is a priority along with changing out the tire. I want to hit the open road on a long trip and just want to verify the tolerances if nothing else.

Let me know if you need anything.

rgds

Karl

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
If anyone else is planning on spending night, PriceLine bid of $42 in Energy Corridor South will get you a room @ La Quinta on Shadow View Ln ($56.32 with taxes & fees)

I see you are already doing a valve check. Bike is fairly new to me and maintenance records skimpy. Is there any way to evaluate need for new brake fluid (other than good records)?

My center stand is sluggish. Can you point me in the right direction to lubricate that?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PoppaT said:
I see you are already doing a valve check. Bike is fairly new to me and maintenance records skimpy. Is there any way to evaluate need for new brake fluid (other than good records)?

My center stand is sluggish. Can you point me in the right direction to lubricate that?
If you don't know when your valves were checked,you need to do them. It's not hard. Brake fluid on your LT is easy. No excuse to not do it yearly. We will lube your centerstand/sidestand.

dan

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Count me in!

If one of you out of towners needs a place to stay send me a PM. I am in The Woodlands, north of Houston about an hour from Dan's place.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Oops posted on the older tech session. Have ridden to work this week and so far so good. Have the 24 k kit and all sorts of aluminum hats so the phone cops can't trace me...
:cool:

Ohyeh the tire sensors, and quick disconnects for the fuel tank. Got em...
Will I be able to use the old clips or do I need to purchase some others..

Let me know what to bring..

·
Registered
155 Posts
I may have to move to Texas so I can attend these sessions. Would love to see first hand how to flush the brake system and check valve tolerance.
As it is Louisville Ky. is just a little too far away for a weekend trip.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haughty said:
Oops posted on the older tech session. Have ridden to work this week and so far so good. Have the 24 k kit and all sorts of aluminum hats so the phone cops can't trace me...
:cool:

Ohyeh the tire sensors, and quick disconnects for the fuel tank. Got em...
Will I be able to use the old clips or do I need to purchase some others..

Let me know what to bring..
Do you need to get your valves checked?
Get some (4) fuel injection type hose clamps. The ones with the metal band inside the clamp.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dan, count me in. Would still like to get some of the list done, but if we can get the tire sensor hooked up it would be great.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts