BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just riding along stoped fine for a red light, went down the street made a left turn no rear brakes. master cylinder failure, I never read a post about master cylinder problems . 2001 lt 98000 miles

·
Registered
276 Posts
When that happened to me it was a split line, with the split up very near the master cylinder. MC was fine.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
VRodPete said:
When that happened to me it was a split line, with the split up very near the master cylinder. MC was fine.
Same here. I did get a good low milage master Cylinder online just in case but a new line fixed it. I installed the MC as it was almost new & kept mine as a backup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dropped it off at Motogoust on Thursday afternoon and I was back on the road at 12 noon on Friday , Omar & Dan woke up early so I would not be without the LT for the weekend. thanks guys . If any of you ride thrue Phoenix & need service Call Omar at Motogoust
602-561-0771 .

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,180 Posts
Be careful on one that old with a new MC. It could rupture the old line. Highly recommend you replace those lines with new or after market. Steve Rowe lost a good LT with a new MC that ruptured the rear line. It is amost 10 years old.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
jzeiler said:
Be careful on one that old with a new MC. It could rupture the old line. Highly recommend you replace those lines with new or after market. Steve Rowe lost a good LT with a new MC that ruptured the rear line. It is amost 10 years old.
Yes but.... That almost new Master Cylinder lives on , on my bike. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts