BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone besides me going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras?

I will be in NOLA Thursday - Sunday and riding in Endymion Sat night. ALL HAIL ENDYMION!

This is the float I will be on...

Gonna be listening to some great music at Crescent City Brew House Thursday night, getting a muffaletta in the French Quarter Friday for lunch, Mosca's Restaurant Friday night, Breakfast at Ruth's Saturday Morning and then Breakfast at Brennan's on Sunday morning.

Anyone around we can meet up for a drink Thursday night or lunch on Friday.

Otherwise Happy Mardi Gras..

·
Registered
181 Posts
We arrive Friday afternoon thru the next Friday. Which side of the float? I'll have a BMW sign. Hail Endymion !

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I am on the Pontchartrain Beach MUSIK EXPRESS Top drivers side.. But that could change.

I thought we were going to be in the first few floats since this is the newest and longest float EVER built, but the latest float order puts us last. :(

That could mean we get to the dome after 1am. Makes for a longer and funner night...

·
Registered
181 Posts
We'll be looking to the drivers side with a sign. Hope you make all those corners. Keep me posted if your moved. Have a Great Ride.
Hail Endymion!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We came within 2 inches of a telephone pole at Orleans and Carrolton and had to be unhooked and repositioned to make that turn.

At Carrolton and Canal street we came close to a barricade and the police come over and moved the barricades out of the way and accidently pushed someone down and had to get the EMTs to come over and take them away.

After that turn is was a flawless ride thru the streets of New Orleans.

BEST ride ever.

Friday my brother and I went down the Quarter and watched the annual "Greasing of the Poles"

This was breakfast on Saturday morning.... 9am...

This was my view from the start of the parade

And this is when the front started rolling...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts