BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We talked about it a little, Are we going places this weekend? The Forcast is calling for "Lite" rain.

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
sanjaun2 said:
We talked about it a little, Are we going places this weekend? The Forcast is calling for "Lite" rain.
I'm still interested. Saturday is better for me.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is every one else Ken? I guess it will be a last minute decision as usual.

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
Yep, kinda quiet up this way . . .

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We talked about another ride to Long beach for chowder, But we are open to suggestions?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Have Fun!

sanjaun2 said:
Where is every one else Ken?
Brian,

Sorry.... I can't make this one, but Spring is a commin and you know where I want to be.

Dan

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Is the lever the only thing you need Denny? If so, I have one you are welcome to use in the interim if we're talking a long wait. PM me.
John
avonfloater said:
Waiting on a new gearshift lever - it didn't come today and the bike is torn down. Sorry, I won't make the ride.

Denny

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lets try Doogers at noon. Darrel, Want to meet at the usual place around 10:30? Are you up for it Ken?

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
Well, I didn't get as far as I wanted at work this week, and I have a ton of stuff to catch up on . . . but screw that. What's the point of Consulting if you can't just blow it all off and go for a ride now and then? :D

Doogers it is. See y'all at Noon.

Just try to be nice to the guy on the old, slow LT. ;)

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
meese said:
Well, I didn't get as far as I wanted at work this week, and I have a ton of stuff to catch up on . . . but screw that. What's the point of Consulting if you can't just blow it all off and go for a ride now and then? :D

Doogers it is. See y'all at Noon.

Just try to be nice to the guy on the old, slow LT. ;)
Now thats the proper attitude. You must live for today! Every one have their raingear ready?

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
avonfloater said:
Waiting on a new gearshift lever - it didn't come today and the bike is torn down. Sorry, I won't make the ride.

Denny
Thanks a bunch to John Fisher for a gearshift lever "loaner" and outstanding technical advice I'm back in operation. The technical expertise of this group of folks is mind boggling. Thanks, John.

I hope Doogers was as good as I've heard.

Denny

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Denny,
You will make it one day, Maybe next time we will plan on going to Doogers via Glacier NP. That way it might be a long enough ride to tempt you. The clam chowder was excellent once again. So was the hostess with the mostess. I met up with Darrel half way and we rode into town together to meet Ken at Doogers. Ken Rode back with me because he had a gps tech session to run in fall city. It was a good but wet ride. The news is calling it the pineapple express, Just liquid sunshine.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I'm ready to roll now and next week is supposed to be much drier - what's your work schedule? Still doing those midnights? I'm anxious to hear more about the hostess with the mostess!!!!

Denny

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
sanjaun2 said:
We talked about it a little, Are we going places this weekend? The Forecast is calling for "Lite" rain.
Is that what you WA folks call "Lite" rain? That's like calling Katrina "a little windy." :D

Things I learned (or re-learned) today:

My waterproof boots aren't.

My new Gerbing's G3 gloves aren't either after three solid hours of rain.

My riding pants are mostly waterproof, except for that little spot on the seat.

My Marsee jacket is waterproof.

Seattle construction traffic sucks, especially in the rain.

The Avon/BT020 combo still sticks like glue in the wet.

The LT still rocks, regardless of the weather.

And blowing off overtime to go ride with friends is always worth it. :D

Thanks for organizing the ride, Brian. And it was good to meet you, Darrel.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have ridden 50k in the last 2 years and to much of it in the rain. I have never gotten wet before yesterday. I think it may be patially due to the GT. My arms were wet to the elbows. The GT having less protection around the hands. Next time I will cinch up the velcro around the wrists and I bet that will fix that. Due to the heavy rain there was a lot of standing water and the water would shoot up my legs from the front tire. Once again cinching up the velcrow around the ankles and a fender extender will cure that. My upper chest also was wet. But this was entirely the fault of my stinky HJC flip up helmet. Rain kept sneaking into it and I couldn't see due to the rain drops on the inside of the shield and the fogging that comes with all that moisture inside the helmet. I had to ride with the shield partially up and then lots more water channeled thru my helmet right down my neck. My new Caberg helmet arrives on Wed.
Sounds like a deadfull wet ride, But it was actually a blast. The friends and chowder were also superb. The weather report with heavy rain and high winds on the coast almost scared me off. I was glad I went and even enjoyed washing the bike in the pouring rain when I got home.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Glad you both made it to dry quarters. That was a long wet one, fun, but wet. I was for the first time missing the extra 200 lbs of the LT. That wind coming out of Long Beach was brutal.

Think I'll let my gear dry out today and stay in the garage. I need to try and figure out how to install my Autocom.

Nice to meet you Ken, Brian thanks for letting me tag along.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts