BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My first post here (I'm secretly a GS owner but no-one has to know :))

I've been working selling some GPS recently and one of the things that seems to be lacking is a decent MapSource Tutorial document for Garmin GPS units. So, I'm not sure if you'vr already got one on this forum but here's a link to one that I wrote last week if you're looking for something like this:

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/useful_docs/MapSource_Tutorial1.pdf

Feedback welcome,

David

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Thanks David. I will take a closer look at it later today. I always seem to have problems making routes. It seems that I have to zoom way in and click many waypoints in order for the route to not side track.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Thanks David! This is a great tutorial that is easy to use. Fantastic job!!!

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Thanks David. Nice write-up for the beginner to get started with. I'm sure that was your intent and it's very well structured for that audience.
I've always had a problem with seeing my routes because of the waypoint data covering it. Is there a way to remove the waypoint text on the map to expose the route?

Thanks, Jer

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks David...I downloaded your file which looks like it will be very helpful. I'm looking forward to studying it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope you like it

Let me know if you have any comments or anything which you think that I could include in the next version

All the Best,

David

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
David,
Thanks for the post. Since it appears you are very knowledgeable about this software, do you know if there are plans to make it Mac compatible? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts