BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In preparation for a recent ride down the Baja, I downloaded the Garmin Mexico Maps. To be blunt about it, they were pretty danged awful. I plan to make another Baja trip before long and would like better maps for the GPS.

Has anyone loaded any Mexico maps that they have found to be accurate?

Is it even possible to load the BMW Nav IV with maps from someone other than Garmin?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Byrum I lived down in Baja south of San Quintin for over 17yrs (missionary) and I can tell you I have to this day, NOT found a decent map that you could download. I can tell you for a few pesos you can get a really good paper map of Baja at the tourist centers. I think the best center is just south of Ensanada, you can look that up on the web. Wish I could be of better help!! IF you find a better deal let me know.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I went down to Cabo this year. All road, no dirt.
If you are interested in dirt the only thing I can say is advrider, advrider.
The road to Cabo is rather easy. There is only 1. Highway 1. So look for the one and you have it.
I guess you have to switch to 19 or something from La Paz.
But they have signs with arrows that say "Cabo (arrow)".
I have a whole handful that are rather good, from a number of different sources, a good part of which were gas stations along the way, including a nice, rolled up one that rolls out into a long narrow map of the whole peninsula all on one side.
Suitable for taping to a tall wall, which I have not done yet.
AAA has one that is totally adequate for most purposes.
I'm going again as s as p. But I haven't set a date yet. And from La Paz to Mazatlan (yes, a boat), then to Zihuat. Hopefully this year. Maybe for xmas & new years.
dc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.