BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts
No problem as I am sure we have some riders from Spain but the manual only is good for 99-2003 as they are the only models with the purple plug. Did you ever get your alarm programmed?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts
Tested on models including the 2005, my 2003 LT is OK and tried everything.
OK. Maybe the euro models have the plug but not on the US models after 2003.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2000 K1200LT ALARM SYSTEM BYPASS INSTRUCTIONS

Decided to go the bypass route. One day my bike would not start; apparently an alarm system activated that I did not know I had. The previous owner indicated he did not have a key fob and was also not aware of the alarm system. After reviewing a host of threads on the subject, I chose to take apart the bike to get the number on the alarm to have the dealer get a 5-digit code. After spending another week trying to make it work; I chose to go the alarm bypass route. Again there were a host of threads on this subject as well. I finally came across one that helped me do it; with some trial and error. Thought I would put what I did on the forum , to help someone else who may be trying to do it. First you have to get to the alarm unit, which is at the rear of the bike under the top case.
When you get to the alarm, you disconnect the orange and white connectors; as well as the small thin black next to the white connector (see picture). You will be putting jumpers on the 6-pin white connector. I purchased 16 gauge female bullet terminals and crimped them on both ends to make the jumpers. Pin 1 on the white connector is the one with the brown/white wire. Use a jumper to connect pins 3 & 4 together; then use another jumper to connect pins 5 & 6 together. (see picture) And you are done. Start your bike. Put everything back together and ride on…… I decided to leave the alarm unit on the bike versus trying to remove the unit and applicable connections.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts
Thanks for posting that John if you don't mind I have copied this info for the archives as we did not have good info on the early alarm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts