BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience planning a trip to Manhattan? I am trying to plan a trip for my sons and myself in July and I would like to make one of our stops Manhattan.

I am not sure I actually want to ride into NY, I was thinking perhaps staying in Staten Island and taking the ferry over.

My question is, is it safe to leave the bikes in Staten Island and stay in Manhattan for the night?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Staten Island is probably the second safe borough after Manhattan. Where in SI are you looking to store the bike? How long are looking? A day or longer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One or two nights. Is Manhattan safer than Staten Island? If so, does anyone know of a hotel in or near time square that offers bike parking?

·
Registered
989 Posts
wvandennoort said:
NYC Parking | Central Parking > 140 W 51st St. - (212) 541-7418 This parking garage is at 51st street and 6th ave. They charge twenty dollars for 24hrs and accept Motorcycles. This location is a easy walk to central park and times square.
Of course, it all depends on how claustrophobic you are: there are 3 ways to access Manhattan from NJ and two of these involve tunnels (Lincoln tunnel is next to the garage posted by wvandennoort. I enjoy these, but they may not be to your liking - if so, you'd have to take the GW Bridge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts