BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a fun two months. Did 2,200 miles with a couple of buddies through Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho, and just did 1,700 with the wife and a group of other bikes through Idaho, Montana, back across Idaho and down through Washington. What an absolute joy to ride.
Lost my battery in Eastern Oregon, but pulled into a Suzuki dealer, found one that would fit in the hole, and off we went, no problems. Most of the other bikes were sport touring (FJR's, C14 etc). Not a one of them could out run the big girl, even when they're one up.
And the best part - this trip was done with no concern to the final drive. Figured the heck with it, if it goes, it goes, so we just ran the crap out of it. Only checked the mileage once: 53.3 mpg.
Made one mistake by putting on the lower windshield. That's perfect for me, but the stock would have been better for the wife. Saw Antelope, Deer, Elk and Big Horn Sheep (no Moose, damnit).
Spent time thinking about other bikes, like the sport tourers, and can't imagine why I'd switch. We (wife and I) decided we'd upgrade the suspension, and hang onto this 01 until the new LT comes out, then jump on one (literally and figuratively).
What a bike! Not my favorite (my Deuce wins there), but you just can't beat it for two up, and even one up, touring. Ya just gotta love it! What more could a guy ask for? OK, maybe an onboard coffee maker, but....

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
You don't have the Espresso Machine option installed ?

WTF ?:histerica

John

·
Registered
167 Posts
ouch!..... the Espresso is 02 & up ....Toaster only came out on 05 :dance:

Yair

00 Canyon ..... 61K miles ... the ultimate tourer no question !!!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
yair1956 said:
ouch!..... the Espresso is 02 & up ....Toaster only came out on 05 :dance:

Yair

00 Canyon ..... 61K miles ... the ultimate tourer no question !!!!!
Yup on my third one , late 05 in the best colour (Graphite ) Lux model and i,m going to keep this one as there,s nothing better out there . Got the R1100 rt to do the small rideouts with my bike club (Rainbringers mc )
Regards numbnuts in blighty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts