BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the bike, and battery completely drained. Charged the battery, and when installing and hooking up the negative, a huge draw. Sparks and such.

Any ideas what could be causing this? A solution to chase it down? Man oh man the bike has been so reliable I cannot recall where the fuses are right now.
I guess I will pull fuses one at a time until the spark is gone, and go from there.

If you have anything, please let me know.

Here is the weird part; A friend is letting me use his harley bagger, and the bikes are parked next to each other. Hmmm.....jealous german bitch!

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Bob
does the bike try to start?
Stuck starter relay?

·
Registered
805 Posts
saileyboy said:
Here is the weird part; A friend is letting me use his harley bagger, and the bikes are parked next to each other. Hmmm.....jealous german bitch!
Nah, the harley stabbed your LT while you were sleeping.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Stuck relay somewhere...probably starter... it's common for folks to try to start when battery is low and it damages the starter relay.

And, oh, she's not jealous, just demanding, like any "high performance" one should be.. can't just kick her out of bed in the morning.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it will start

Jumping the system would let me start the bike. Unfortunately I will not be able to get to this until next week Wednesday. Thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts