BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 04 LT out for a ride Thursday after doing the following: Sending radio out for amp upgrade and Aux install with Baris. Changing coolant, changing air filter, changing fuel filter. Changing spark plugs. Installed J&M CB.And installed a Garmin zumo 550.Radio sounds fantastic.She rides, runs great. Question is .I'm having trouble loading music in the 550.And music that is in there I can't pull up on the unit, but shows up on the laptop when plugged in. Any thoughts??:confused:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Do you have the MP3 files located in a Sub- Directory like this - GARMIN/MUSIC....then I think you have to tell it the Source were the MP3's are. From then on it should play those files located were you said...I don't have a 550, but use a 660 on a trip in NZ last November & that's how it worked.

Hope this Helps.

I took my 04 LT out for a ride Thursday after doing the following: Sending radio out for amp upgrade and Aux install with Baris. Changing coolant, changing air filter, changing fuel filter. Changing spark plugs. Installed J&M CB.And installed a Garmin zumo 550.Radio sounds fantastic.She rides, runs great. Question is .I'm having trouble loading music in the 550.And music that is in there I can't pull up on the unit, but shows up on the laptop when plugged in. Any thoughts??:confused:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've had a 550 for years. The music is easy.

Using no more than a 2 gig card, load your music however you wish being sure to use the MPG format.

Slip the card into the 550's slot and bang, you've got it.

I usually carry several cards with music and books on them.

bob

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've had a 550 for years. The music is easy.

Using no more than a 2 gig card, load your music however you wish being sure to use the MPG format.

Slip the card into the 550's slot and bang, you've got it.

I usually carry several cards with music and books on them.

bob
I think you mean MP3, & not Mile Per Gallon :rotf:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think you mean MP3, & not Mile Per Gallon :rotf:
Yes I did. MP3. The weather here has finally broken with some warmish, if rainy days and I'm itching to go.

I have a daughter graduating from college on May 25th in Irvine, CA. About 1100 miles from home. My wife and second daughter are flying.

I'm not.

gotta love it!

bob

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the issue. Trying to get all downloaded music to MP3 format.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's the issue. Trying to get all downloaded music to MP3 format.
If you use iTunes there is a provision to convert your saved music to MP3 format. You will get two of each tune, one MP3 & one AAC (Apples format). Just highlight the MP3's and move them to the SD card for the Zumo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts