BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the best technique or location for attaching a compass. The only area I've found so far, to be unaffected by magnetic pull (from speakers and radio area), is the top center of the wind screen. So to those who have mounted a compass on the LT, what did you do and where did you install it?

·
Registered
290 Posts
mwnahas said:
What's a compass? :lol8:
It's that bubble thing on the dashboard of your grandfather's Chevy Caprice. :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
My NavII has a compass

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
seahabit said:
I'm looking for the best technique or location for attaching a compass. The only area I've found so far, to be unaffected by magnetic pull (from speakers and radio area), is the top center of the wind screen. So to those who have mounted a compass on the LT, what did you do and where did you install it?
Finding a "clean" location will be a challenge. My solution was a GPS as most have a compass display. The only drawback is you have to be moving, but that is a minor shortcoming.

You could buy an aircraft compass that has the compensating magnetics to allow you to calibrate out some of the environmental anomolies.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
My Android has a compass app - although I always take along my trusty lensatic when I need to shoot an azimuth.

I don't think there's an app for that yet! :think:

(I still like getting lost on back roads with a fold up map and compass - it's just so yesterday.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts