BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rain washed roads, 45 degrees, intermittent light rain. Finally got the RT out for a ride today. Last time was the Monday before Thanksgiving. It was great to be on the bike again.

I wish a healthy prosperous New Year to all.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Not to make you feel bad or anything but rode yesterday & today even though we're having a cold spell here in the So Cal desert. High yesterday was only 55 degrees but sun was shining and blue skies. I rode the local mountains for a bit with temps as low as 29 degrees at higher elevations. If I go week without riding, I start having withdrawal symptoms which my bride complains about and tells me I need to go for a ride. I still have a problem with only riding a few hours - the LT starts to make weird noises as if she is telling me - it's too soon to head home. New Year's resolution - ride more and quit watching new or reading newspapers - too depressing and nobody really cares what I think anyway. I sincerely hope all of you have a great 2011 and enjoy all your rides. .

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,103 Posts
We had severe Thunder Storms all night and well into the morning. It finally stopped raining long enough to get my New Year's Day ride in. O yeah temps were in the low 50's, quite a change from the white Christmas we had.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
I also got a NYD ride in. I rode Lee Wilson's 2005 LT. It was in the 50s and I made it to my house just as it started to rain.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, yeah, youse guys in da south.........
It hasn't been very snowy in my neck of the woods, but it's been a cold December. We never got near the average highs until the last couple of days. Now waiting for the January thaw that should come around the middle of the month. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts