BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bo & I made it home today also. We left Duluth at 4:30 AM yesterday after putting Sammie & Connie Rowe in at cab to the Airport. We saw temps from a low of 42 degrees just out side of Duluth to 97 when we rolled into fort Smith Arkansas at 8:00 pm. We stopped after just a few miles from Duluth to add some clothing to stay warm. As we rounded a turn to get back on the highway we came face to face with the biggest damn deer I've ever seen. I mean our eyes locked & it was staring right at me. I rolled on the throttle & said bye bye to her as she ran the other way. :D
About 200 miles north of Kansas City we ran into what was left of the hurricane and we rode the next 300 miles in rain. Between KC & Joplin was the hardest rain. The news said 3 to 6 inches came down while we were riding threw. Just south of Joplin we stopped so Bo could dump the water out of his boots. :histerica
We did 875 miles yesterday & 463 today.
Sammie & I had a great time but it is good to be home.

BTW Sammie was planning on us not going to CCR next year till she heard it was in Oregon . Now I think we will be going to CCR 2013. :dance:

BTW II

ARE WE THERE YET ?

·
Registered
558 Posts
katnapinn said:
BTW Sammie was planning on us not going to CCR next year till she heard it was in Oregon . Now I think we will be going to CCR 2013.
GREAT - I need an Awards Chair. :rotf:

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
I got to the cabin in Wisconsin, I don't know, around 11 on Saturday, I guess. Of course we had breakfast before we left. I hit a june bug on the way home. Other than that, .....

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
icepick578 said:
I got to the cabin in Wisconsin, I don't know, around 11 on Saturday, I guess. Of course we had breakfast before we left. I hit a june bug on the way home. Other than that, .....
I bet you needed a nap after that kinda ride. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Home about 5:30 yesterday. Had to put the liner in the jacket before I got out of Superior, WI. Hit rain in Champaign, IL and then on and off until I shut it down on Saturday night with thunder, lightning and fatigue killing the SS1000 run. Got up Saturday morning and ran rain mist from Princeton, IN until Oak Grove, KY when the skies opened up. Rain again south of Chattanooga and beat a heavy shower into the house.

This is the first time in the 8 CCRs I've attended that I've done any rain riding. I guess I've just been lucky.

Hope we see you and Sammie next year.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Got to Sault St Marie Sat about 3:30 pm, spent the night at Brian's sister-in-law's. Got to Georgetown about 3:30 pm Sunday. Here till Wed then back home, only 4,500 km to go. Already put on 4,700 km, total should be about 9,200 km.

Who said you have to take the short way home?

Garry

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
garry_kramer said:
Who said you have to take the short way home?

Garry
Not anybody I know. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
My routes to and from CCR were challenging and invigorating. Just what I was out for. Although my milage wasn't enormous (~2300mi), it was full of twisting, curving hills and valleys. The landscapes were breathtaking. There's a lot to be said about the Wisconsin "Driftless" area around La Crosse, WI.
Here's my specific routes, to and from, a bit more than 500mi, but there's so many interlaced roads that I need to go back and visit sometime soon.

I had a very enjoyable time and it was good to finally meet some of the folks from the forum.

Have fun,
Jer

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Yes, we Finns got home as well. Lost one nights sleep as we left from O´Hare at 5 pm Tue and arrived to Helsinki at 9 am Wed.
All went fine and special thanks to Larry & Amy who put us up for another two nights after returning from CCR to Oak Park!

Just talked with Kari that we guys have been some lucky bastards during our various (now 5) US adventues. We have encountered a little rain, yes, but considering the areas & weather forecasts that we have been avoiding all kinds of hurricanes, floods etc. Like this year: We left Orlando and rode to Pensacola and got some rain, quite heavy momentarily. But right behind us came the floods.
Same thing in New Orleans & rest of Louisiana. We have nice weather and right behind us comes Isaac. When we are out of Chicago at CCR, Chicago gets heavy rain & storm...
Go figure...perhaps we'd better stay away from the West Coast next year...:p

Anyway,
thanks to all old and new friends we had a chance to meet. Hope to make it again next year!

Regards

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Steve_R said:
Hit rain in Champaign, IL
This is the first time in the 8 CCRs I've attended that I've done any rain riding. I guess I've just been lucky.
If you went south of Champaign on I-57, when you passed the Pesotum exit you were about 1/2 mile from my house. :)

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
pozo_izquierdo said:
Hope to make it again next year!
Stay away... You Finns make the rest of us look pretty lame on the dance floor! :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
We got home to SLO about 4pm yesterday after an uneventful 2300 miles, mostly superslab. Now I just have to work on getting my tires looking less like car tires, but I am impressed with the mileage I am getting out of these PR3's. Lots left on the sides, not so much in the center. 6k on them so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.