BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned 2 BMW's 2002 LT with 42,000 miles(for sale on Criagslist) and 1996 RT. With all the problems from ABS pump, Slave seals, final drive I will never buy another BMW Motorcycle. You get no help from the Company, they knew about the final drive and ABS pump problems for years and nothing has been done. I do not abuse my bikes and do regular mantaince. I thought when I bought a BMW they would last for at 100,000 before I had to spend $4,000. I am have a new Kawasaki Connie ordered.

Good Luck with your BMW

Denny

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Nice first post. :wack:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I will give you $500 for that old POS. :bmw:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Well I for one am now convinced. I've only had one BMW, and only put about 35,000 miles on it, but you've shown me the light. I too am going to sell this reliable piece of crap for the price of scrap and move on. Dam it, I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more.
Oh, by the way, you need to leave now. :wave

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Darn...not showing on the Lansing craigslist and I needed a cheap parts bike.

·
Registered
616 Posts
2002BMWlt888 said:
I have owned 2 BMW's 2002 LT with 42,000 miles(for sale on Criagslist) and 1996 RT. With all the problems from ABS pump, Slave seals, final drive I will never buy another BMW Motorcycle. You get no help from the Company, they knew about the final drive and ABS pump problems for years and nothing has been done. I do not abuse my bikes and do regular mantaince. I thought when I bought a BMW they would last for at 100,000 before I had to spend $4,000. I am have a new Kawasaki Connie ordered.

Good Luck with your BMW

Denny
You must feel so much better now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the same issue with my wifes BMW 530i. I had to change out the ABS module. I bought a brand new one online for $460. Do they sell the ABS modules separately from the pump for the bikes too or do you have to by the whole set?

No problems yet just preparing for the inevitable.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
kellenbenz said:
Darn...not showing on the Lansing craigslist and I needed a cheap parts bike.
Hey, Ron - I think Denny listed it on the Lasning (as in his profile) craigslist; you might look for it there!! :histerica

Hey, Denny - just pulling your chain. ;) Sorry you've had the course with BMW - seriously. When they're good, they're very, very good; butt when they're bad, they fill ya with frustration - granted.

Good luck with the new Connie. I understand there are some great folks on their forums also and I hope you find that true. Best always.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
fpmlt said:
Well I for one am now convinced. I've only had one BMW, and only put about 35,000 miles on it, but you've shown me the light. I too am going to sell this reliable piece of crap for the price of scrap and move on. Dam it, I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more.
Oh, by the way, you need to leave now. :wave
And as he leaves... All join in harmony, saying...

A M F

·
Registered
85 Posts
2002BMWlt888 said:
Good Luck with your BMW

Denny
An oil thread, a tire thread, and NOW THIS... It is a banner day here on the board.

Seriously though, Denny, if you really had the ABS unit, clutch slave, and final drive all fail, then I don't blame you one bit. Hope you have better luck with your new bike.

·
Registered
576 Posts
1 post...joined in '09? Something's fishy.

·
Registered
392 Posts
2002BMWlt888 said:

Good Luck with your BMW

Denny
OK, tell us how you really feel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am not mad at this site I am mad at BMW company! There are alot of good people on this site and I have learned alot from this site. But when a bike costs $20,000 new I think it should last. I did not know the ABS pump had problems until it went out and then I did some research and found several bikes with lower miles had the same problem. Just in the group that I ride in 3 final drives, 2 slave seals and 2 abs pumps and this is out of 10 riders. High numbers! Then when you try to get help from the company your a number and nothing happens.

Just my thoughts :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I had the slave and clutch fail and the FD failed twice. I bought another one....................but only after I totalled the first one............ :histerica

·
Registered
228 Posts
2002BMWlt888 said:
I am not mad at this site I am mad at BMW company! There are alot of good people on this site and I have learned alot from this site. But when a bike costs $20,000 new I think it should last. I did not know the ABS pump had problems until it went out and then I did some research and found several bikes with lower miles had the same problem. Just in the group that I ride in 3 final drives, 2 slave seals and 2 abs pumps and this is out of 10 riders. High numbers! Then when you try to get help from the company your a number and nothing happens.

Just my thoughts :mad:
You have 9 other BMW 1200lt bikes/riders near you?
I hardly ever see one in the Rochester NY area.

I must say after I bought mine then found this site I got nervous reading all the post about probs.

I had to fix my speed sensor wire..that's it so far other then my cruise does not work and my wrist is really sore..hard throttle to say the least.
I rode my old voyager to the new owner and I kept giving it way to much gas after driving the beemer.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Lets see, a 10 year old bike and the OP has a complaint that the bike needs repairs?

I wonder how many miles the OP put in the bike?

what specific is wrong with the bike that needs repair?

I saw nothing in the original post that stated that the OP had anything wrong with his bike except for the one problem...

The way I see it, one problem in 10 years is not too bad..

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
A member for almost three years, first, second, and (could it be) last posts all in the same day.

I thought you said your goodbyes already...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts